Saturday 21 December 2013

My skincare routine - For oily/acne prone skin

I recently went out and bought several skincare products to add to my routine. I am really determined to get clear skin, so I am religiously following my new routine. I used to just take my makeup off with a wipe before I went to bed and that was that, but now I know that probably didn't help with my spots.

I can already see that my skin is clearing up and my blemishes are becoming less visible, after just 2 weeks. All of these products are extremely cheap and are included in 3 for 2 offers in Boots and Superdrug. When I bought mine they all had a couple of pounds knocked of the original price.

First of all I take off my eye makeup with the Simple kind to skin facial wipes, then I push my hair out of my face and wet my face with hot water using a flannel. Next I cleanse my skin with the Garnier - PureActive anti-imperfection cleansing gel, massaging it into my skin in small circular motions.


Then I will cleanse my skin again but with the Seaweed purifying facial cleanser from the Body Shop. You just need to apply this using your fingers onto a dry face then remove using a cotton ball. This leaves my skin with a matte finish and makes my skin feel soft. In the mornings I skip this step and just move straight onto the toner, as I don't have much time before school.


Then I tone my skin with the Garnier - PureActive intensive spot purifying toner, this has 2% salicylic acid which helps with acne and it is specifically designed for oily acne prone skin. I pour the liquid onto a cotton ball and wipe over my face, paying close attention to the oilier areas of my skin. I feel like this product is already making a difference to my skin and you can almost feel it "working" as you wipe it over your skin.


For my moisturiser I always find it hard to find the right one, as I have oily skin so most make my skin feel greasy and look shiny. I recently found the Garnier - long lasting shine control moisturiser, this is by far the best I have tried. It is super fast drying and instantly gives your skin a matte finish, which is exactly what I want, this is caused by the clay extract. This is an absolute bargain at only £4.05 and at the moment it is on sale at £2.67 at Superdrug.



Finally, If I have any blemishes (which is basically everyday) I will apply some of the Witch naturally clear blemish stick to the areas I want to target. This works really well at reducing the redness. If I have any spots which are under the skin and haven't broken through yet, a dab of Sudocrem works well at stopping the spot getting any worse.



Thanks for reading, If you have used any of these products before, leave a comment below! x

2 comments:

  1. I very nearly bought that Seaweed cleanser today but I ended up getting some Christmassy products instead. It's great that you've got a good skincare routine going on though!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the cleanser, it makes your skin feel really soft afterwards and I got it in the 40% off sale so it was a really good bargain xx

      Delete